ROYAL SCHOOL DUNGANNON
ANNUAL FEES 2016/17
With effect from 1st September 2016 and until further notice, the following fees will be applicable:
- GRAMMAR SCHOOL
(A) Capital Fee £70
(B) School Fund £80
(The School Fund is levied for travel subvention of minibus and coaches to sporting, cultural, internal and educational activities for all pupils. It also covers the charge for receipt of the annual School Magazine. There is a sibling discount rate of £40 for the second child in the family and no School Fund is charged for a third or subsequent child. Pupils registered for Free School Meals at the start of the academic year are exempt from the School Fund charge.)
- BOARDING DEPARTMENT
Registration Fee – £ 750 (Note 1)
(A) Tuition Fee (Non E.C. Passport Holders only) £7,200 (Note 2)
(B) Boarding Fee – 7 day a week boarder £9,600 (Notes 3 & 4)
– 5 day a week boarder £7,800 (Notes 3 & 4)
Note 1: The Registration Fee is payable to secure a place in the Boarding Department for new Boarders and will be offset against the first term’s Boarding Fee on arrival. Should any Boarder fail to take their reserved place, the Registration Fee will be non-refundable.
Note 2: B.N.O. (British National Overseas) Passports do NOT qualify for exemption from Tuition Fees.
Note 3: A Sibling Discount of 5% on the Boarding Fee can apply to a second or subsequent child where brothers and/or sisters both reside in the Boarding Department. The eldest child would pay a full Boarding Fee.
Note 4: A weekly Boarder who is resident from Sunday 6pm to Friday 4pm will be levied a Boarding Fee of £7,800 per annum. The Sibling discount may also apply to this charge.
- TOTALS: SUMMARY
(i) Grammar School Boarder – 7 days a week £16,950 per annum
(ii) Grammar School Boarder – 5 days a week £15,150 per annum
(iii) Qualified Grammar School Day Pupil £ 150 per annum
N.B. Fees which are unpaid by the end of the term in which they are due may lead to the pupil’s place being withdrawn.
(i) The Tuition Fee in the Grammar School is granted by Local Education Authorities or Education & Library Boards for pupils who are recognised by them as non-fee payers.
(ii) Non-fee paying pupils are charged a Text Book Deposit of £75 which is refunded at the end of Year 12, providing that all books are returned in good condition. A separate charge of £75 is levied to cover Sixth Form studies which will be refunded at the end of Upper Sixth, again providing that all books are returned in good condition.
(iii) Fee-paying pupils are charged for text books bought.
(iv) Additional music tuition may be given by arrangement.
- BOARDING The Boarding Fee covers the following costs:
– Membership to all school Clubs and Societies
– Television entertainment, use of WiFi and Skype facilities
– Laundry charges
– Repairs to clothing
– Use of all School facilities (computers, table-tennis, Sports Hall etc.)
- REDUCTIONS (Boarding Department)
These are available upon application for children of:-
(a) Clergymen, missionaries or of recognised overseas Christian workers
(b) U.K. Servicemen or U.K. Security Forces or U.K. Prison Officers
- FINANCIAL PLANNING
Methods of payment offsetting or spreading costs over the academic year are available upon request.
- BOARDING FEES ARE PAYABLE ONE FULL TERM IN ADVANCE IN THE FIRST WEEK OF EACH TERM. Fifty percent of the Christmas Term’s fees is required by the end of the previous summer term. In the absence of this or if other fees remain outstanding without prior agreement of the Board of Governors, the Boarder’s place may be forfeited and further notice in writing may not be given by the School.
- ANY PUPIL WHO IS WITHDRAWN FROM THE SCHOOL AT LESS THAN ONE FULL TERM’S NOTICE IN WRITING WILL BE LIABLE TO PAYMENT OF THE FULL FEES FOR THE FOLLOWING TERM, AS WELL AS FOR THE CURRENT TERM IN WHICH THEY ARE WITHDRAWN. THIS APPLIES BETWEEN SCHOOL YEARS AS WELL AS WITHIN ONE SCHOOL YEAR. The contractual understanding forms part of the written agreement between both parents and the School which was signed prior to admission.
| Correspondence and payment of fees should be addressed to:
The Bursar (Fees Account),
Royal School Dungannon,
2 Ranfurly Road,
FEES CAN BE PAID BY CASH OR CHEQUE AT THE BURSAR’S OFFICE.
A DIRECT DEBIT ARRANGEMENT CAN BE MADE TO SETTLE FEES ON REQUEST. CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.