ROYAL SCHOOL DUNGANNON
ANNUAL FEES 2017/18
With effect from 1st September 2017 and until further notice, the following fees will be applicable:
- GRAMMAR SCHOOL
(A) Capital Fee £70
(B) School Fund £80
(The School Fund is levied for travel subvention of minibus and coaches to sporting, cultural, internal and educational activities for all pupils. It also covers the charge for receipt of the annual School Magazine. There is a sibling discount rate of £40 for the second child in the family and no School Fund is charged for a third or subsequent child.)
- FREE SCHOOL MEALS BURSARY
The Board of Governors would wish to enable all pupils who have gained entry at Year 8 through the Common Entrance Assessment the opportunity to avail of a grammar school education at RSD, regardless of the fees that may be levied to each pupil. A Bursary will be available to all pupils who are eligible for Free School Meals as notified to the school by the Education Authority. This Bursary will cover 100% of the Capital Fees (i.e £70 as listed above) and pupils registered for Free School Meals at the start of the academic year are further exempt from the School Fund charge. This Bursary is available each and every year of the pupil’s tuition at RSD, subject to continued qualification for Free School Meals entitlement as notified by the Education Authority.
- BOARDING DEPARTMENT
Registration Fee – £ 750 (Note 1)
(A) Tuition Fee (Non E.C. Passport Holders only) £ 7,800 (Note 2)
(B) Boarding Fee – 7 day a week boarder £10,050
– 5 day a week boarder £ 7,800
Note 1: The Registration Fee is payable to secure a place in the Boarding Department for new Boarders and will be offset against the first term’s Boarding Fee on arrival. Should any Boarder fail to take their reserved place, the Registration Fee will be non-refundable.
Note 2: B.N.O. (British National Overseas) Passports do NOT qualify for exemption from Tuition Fees.
- TOTAL ANNUAL BOARDING FEES: SUMMARY
(i) Boarding Fee including tuition – 7 days a week (non EC passport holder) £ 18,000 per annum
(ii) Boarding Fee – 7 days per week (EC passport holder) £ 10,200 per annum
(iii)Boarding Fee – 5 days a week (EC passport holder) £ 7,950 per annum
(iv)Qualified Grammar School Day Pupil £ 150 per annum
N.B. Fees which are unpaid by the end of the term in which they are due may lead to the pupil’s place being withdrawn.
(i) The Tuition Fee in the Grammar School is granted by Education Authority for pupils who are recognised by them as non-fee payers.
(ii) Non-fee paying pupils are charged a Text Book Deposit of £75 which is refunded at the end of Year 12, providing that all books are returned in good condition. A separate charge of £75 is levied to cover Sixth Form studies which will be refunded at the end of Upper Sixth, again providing that all books are returned in good condition.
(iii) Fee-paying pupils are charged for text books bought.
(iv) Additional Music Tuition may be provided on request during the school timetable, subject to payment of fees raised by the school on behalf of the Education Authority. A full term’s notice of withdrawal from such external tuition must be given in writing by the parent/guardian and payment received in full to the end of the notice period, should they wish the pupil to cease external music tuition.
(a) The Boarding Fee covers the following costs:
– Membership to all school Clubs and Societies
– Television entertainment, use of Wifi and Skype facilities
– Laundry charges
– Use of all School facilities (computers, table-tennis, Sports Hall etc.)
(b) Boarder’s Sundries:- These are charges for sundry items which are billed in arrears at the end of each term. They apply mainly to pupils enrolled as boarders and cover items such as examination entry fees, taxi charges, accommodation charges during half term breaks, additional music tuition, school trips, pocket money etc
(c) Settlement of Fees: BOARDING FEES ARE PAYABLE ONE FULL TERM IN ADVANCE IN THE FIRST WEEK OF EACH TERM. Fifty percent of the Christmas Term’s fees is required by the end of the previous summer term. In the absence of this or if other fees remain outstanding without prior agreement of the Board of Governors, the Boarder’s place may be forfeited and further notice in writing may not be given by the School.
(d) Reductions in Boarding Fees
- These are available upon application for children of Clergymen, Missionaries, recognised overseas Christian workers, U.K. Servicemen, U.K. Security Forces or U.K. Prison Officers.
- A 2% discount is offered on the full academic year 2017/18 Boarding and Tuition Fees should parents/guardians pay in full for all three academic terms before 1st September 2017.
- A Sibling Discount of 10% on the Boarding Fee can apply to a second or subsequent child where brothers and/or sisters both reside in the Boarding Department, providing the fees are paid in full by the required date. The eldest child would pay a full Boarding Fee.
- FINANCIAL PLANNING
Parents are asked for payment in full of fees within 30 days of receipt of the invoice. Standing Orders can be arranged by agreement to spread the annual cost between September and June. Credit card payments cannot be accepted. A receipt will be issued for all payments of fees by cash.
- ANY PUPIL WHO IS WITHDRAWN FROM THE SCHOOL AT LESS THAN ONE FULL TERM’S NOTICE IN WRITING WILL BE LIABLE TO PAYMENT OF THE FULL FEES FOR THE FOLLOWING TERM, AS WELL AS FOR THE CURRENT TERM IN WHICH THEY ARE WITHDRAWN. THIS APPLIES BETWEEN SCHOOL YEARS AS WELL AS WITHIN ONE SCHOOL YEAR. The contractual understanding forms part of the written agreement between both parents and the School which was signed prior to admission.
- ADDRESS FOR PAYMENT: Correspondence and payment of fees should be addressed to The Bursar (Fees Account), Royal School Dungannon, 2 Ranfurly Road, Dungannon, Co Tyrone, BT71 6EG