RSD is a school which attracts the very best when it comes to staff (and pupils!). All of our teachers are subject specialists with a real commitment to the RSD ethos; and there is a great atmosphere in the staff common room.
We hope that you are excited by the prospect of joining our team and we would welcome your application.
When there are vacancies arising at the school we will publish full details on this page. We do encourage potential applicants to take time to view our website to get a feel for the school and the levels of professional commitment and standards we uphold.
I look forward to meeting you during the recruitment process.
Dr. David Burnett
The Royal School Dungannon
currently has a vacancy for a
General Assistant with caring duties
A General Assistant is required to care for statemented pupils with Special Educational Needs. The post requires 25 hours per week Monday to Friday to provide assistance to teachers both in and outside the school.
Basic caring duties at the current rate of £9.4351 to £9.8160 per hour (NJC Points 3 – 4)
- Knowledge of duties and responsibilities of the post;
- Good communication skills, both written and oral;
- Reliable, patient, sympathetic and able to show empathy
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- A minimum of a Level 2 child care qualification as approved by the Education Authority
- Experience of working in a caring capacity with children in a school environment.
The above criteria may be enhanced for the purposes of shortlisting
For further details of the appointment, together with an information pack and application form, please select a link from the options below
Closing date for receipt of application forms: 12 noon on Wednesday 23rd October 2019.
Royal School Dungannon is an Equal Opportunities Employer