Years 9 – 11 Admissions
RSD is usually over-subscribed, with a waiting list for places, but we do welcome applications for places in Years 9-11. Simply fill in the application form and we will keep in contact with you and let you know if a vacancy arises.
If you do join in us in Years 9-11 we will help you to settle into life at RSD. Your Head of Year and Form Tutor will arrange for pupils in your classes to help you to find your way around and become familiar with school routines; and your subject teachers will help you to catch up on work and develop good habits for success in your studies. And of course, there are lots of extra-curricular activities to become involved in and make new friends.
As a rule of thumb, it is more likely that vacancies will arise in Year 9 and diminish a little thereafter as places are filled, so please do contact us as soon as you can. We would love to hear from you!
To apply for a place at RSD please review the eligibility criteria below and complete the online application form. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can download the form to print and then post your application to the school.
Admission to Years 9-11
A pupil will be considered for admission by the School’s Admissions Committee to Years 9-11
- The School’s enrolment number has not been reached.
- The admissions number for the Year Group to which the applicant is seeking entry, based on the admissions number for Year 8, has not been reached. The current admissions number for Year 8 is 93.
- If undersubscribed, as set out in and 1 and 2 above, then a pupil will be admitted unless the admission of a pupil would prejudice the efficient use of resources in the School.
- If more applicants apply for admission to a Year Group than the places available in that Year Group, then the Admissions Committee will give preference to pupils on the basis of academic ability, considered only on the basis of academic evidence provided with the application form.
- It should be noted by parents that the Year 9-11 admissions process involves an exercise in judgement by the Admissions Committee and not a precise calculation.
- The school reserves the right to set standardised tests in English and Mathematics for any applicant.
If you prefer to complete the application on paper, please download the application form below and print a copy for completion.
After downloading and completing this form please return to: The Headmaster’s Secretary, The Royal School, 2 Ranfurly Road, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone, BT71 6EG