A Level Options
With a view to entry to Sixth Form current RSD pupils will be asked to indicate their choice of subjects for study to Advanced Level. The purpose of this page is to assist pupils and their parents in this choice by providing outline information about the subjects available. For full guidance on choosing your subjects and RSD’s admission criteria please refer to the A Level Options booklet available to view online or to download.
Sixth Form Charter
Progress from Year 13 to Year 14
All pupils wishing to be admitted to Year 14 from Year 13 will be required to achieve the following standards during their first year of A levels:
- satisfactory attendance throughout the year, typically greater than 90% in total.
- satisfactory Report Cards demonstrating consistent application and progress in line with the pupil’s ability.
- satisfactory standards in the Spring report demonstrating
- consistent application and progress in line with the pupil’s ability;
- the completion of all coursework and/or controlled assessments (if relevant);
- satisfactory levels of preparation for the examinations in the summer.
- Three Passes at Grades A – E, with Grade D or better in at least TWO AS levels in August
In Addition: All pupils wishing to be admitted to Year 14 from Year 13 will be expected to achieve the following standards during their first year of A levels:
- regular and active membership of at least one weekly extra-curricular activity, club or society (sporting, cultural, etc.)
- no serious breaches of school discipline or Sixth Form Centre etiquette
- be able to show evidence of achieving homework time targets over a sustained period (2½ – 3 hours per night, five nights a week, or 12½ – 15 hours in total)
- active membership of House
- ability to work well in Private Study periods
- good co-operation with subject teachers
- punctual handing in of written assignments